Technical Support Specialist
Primary Job Function
The Technical Support Specialist ensures resolution of all customer issues and requests, focusing on escalation process and adherence, shortening time to resolution, keeping the customer informed of the status of all items in progress and increasing customer/patient satisfaction with our services and devices. This role is also responsible for understanding and recommending improvements to device and software reliability in the field. The Technical Support Specialist will also function as a Subject Matter Expert on all AMC Health Commercial Patient Services and Customer relations processes and procedures. The Technical Support specialist may also provide desktop set up and support to AMC employees. The Technical Support Specialist provides superior customer service to advance the partnership between AMC and customers to improve patient outcomes. Good documentation, organization, follow up and efficient work will be essential for success.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform all work in accordance with the Business requirements, department procedures and work instructions
- Accept inbound calls and disposition appropriately, determining service and troubleshooting requirements by working with patients and customers
- Escalate unresolved patient or care coordinator issues to management team, as appropriate.
- Support escalated issues through completion
- Utilize ticket management/CRM systems (CareConsole, Jira, Salesforce) to record, track and document the help desk problem solving process for each Service request
- Keep customers informed of the status of any items not resolved at first touch, through periodic updates and, in some cases, regular meetings
- Document accurately and comprehensively based on the standards of practice and current organization policies
- Ensure that the Sales team demo kits are up to date, complete and working appropriately
- Assist in the setup of customer-specific demos
- Provide desktop set up and support to all AMC employees and new hires
- Design, develop and deliver process training based on best practices
- Develop expertise necessary to troubleshoot proprietary and non-proprietary hardware and software
- Provide internal and customer facing documentation for device usage and troubleshooting, as appropriate.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for process and procedure
- Maintain and improve technical knowledge over time to ensure understanding of AMC hardware and software solutions
- Assist in creation and maintenance and expansion of shared knowledgebase, with process-focused content.
- Effectively utilize knowledge base for issue resolution
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships within Patient Services, Development and other departments
- Work shifts may vary based on business needs
Competencies Required for Position
- Strong organizational and time management skills are critical
- Demonstrated active listening skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, think critically and define an appropriate course of action and follow through to ensure the issue is resolved in a timely manner
- Ability to establish meaningful and productive relationships with patients, colleagues and clients while operating in a remote setting
- High level of accountability for all tasks and assignments
- Excellent attention to detail, strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
Experience/Education/Computer Proficiency Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or equivalent experience
- Experience working within a Quality System
- Strong computer skills, including ability to access internal resources, navigate multiple computer programs, quickly learn new tasks and effectively troubleshoot moderate to complex computer issues
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Home office that is conducive to a productive work day; must be private, quiet and secure; free of distractions
- Internet access must meet minimum requirements
It is the policy of AMC Health to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, AMC Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.