Vice President of Sales, Health Plan Market
Primary Job Function
The VP Sales is responsible for leading sales activity in his or her assigned market and developing key relationships within the Payer Market vertical. Creates and executes sales plans and cultivates relationships that will enable the organization to expand its offerings and value proposition to achieve revenue goals. The VP, Sales is responsible to strategically grow revenue and patient volume, positioning AMC Health within C-Suite leadership and key decision makers.
Essential Job Functions
- Strategically position AMC Health within assigned territory by developing and launching go to market strategies and territory plan
- Grow pipeline by cultivating & capturing new leads within assigned territory utilizing Salesforce and sales enablement tools to build out measurable opportunities to achieve revenue goals
- Utilize primary channels (email/phone/in-person) - connect prospect and needs/pain points
- Position AMC Health’s brand, services, capabilities, and solutions for greater brand awareness
Competencies Required for Position
- Develops, maintains, works and refines sales plan to accomplish objectives
- Identifies, contacts, meets and develops relationships with influential contacts in the Payer Market vertical who will refer business
- Must be able to learn and teach customers about the advantages of our services, products and business model
- Increases market presence via direct prospecting. Cultivates prospects and grows pipeline
- Prepares and sends marketing/sales materials to prospects, targets and influential contacts
- Participates in tradeshow opportunities as directed to promote our services, capabilities and value proposition
- Meets with prospective clients and influential players as needed to promote AMC Health services, capabilities and value proposition
- Completes necessary forms and follows procedures to inform installation staff of new sales in order to facilitate a smooth transition of new business and to advise management of on-going activity, sales, and prospect development within pipeline
- Ensures comprehensive buildout of Salesforce records to record all activity, e.g. emails, calls, meetings, presentations, etc. Follows a disciplined approach to ensuring records are maintained and updated daily
- Ensures comprehensive buildout and compliance with sales enablement tools to grow pipeline
- Provides input to management regarding sales and marketing materials, services and capabilities
- Provides competitive feedback and market intelligence
- Meets with management periodically to discuss/analyze initiatives and modify approaches, as necessary
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned
Experience/Education/Computer Proficiency Requirements
- College degree preferred
- 7+ years’ experience selling into the C-Suite and key decision makers within health plans and insurers, and deep knowledge and expertise working with Medicare and Medicaid populations
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications, Salesforce and sales enablement tools
- Requires strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Ability to build and improve key relationships within territory and the Payer Market vertical. Friendly, cooperative, hands on, independent in thought and actions, and results oriented personality a must
- Must be skilled at partnering and building strong relationships with home office and corporate functional areas that are relied upon for support for the wholesaling team
- Anticipates, understands, and responds to prospect needs in timely and professional manner
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Home office that is conducive to a productive work day; must be private, quiet and secure; free of distractions
- Internet access must meet minimum requirements
Benefits and Perks
- AMC Health provides full-time employees with a comprehensive benefits package including individual and family healthcare coverage, 401(k), and life insurance.
Conditions of Employment:
- Drug-screen required
- Reasonable Accommodation: this position is remote, work from home. AMC Health provides technology devices to help reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities.
- Equal Employment Opportunity: AMC Health does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, or military service.
- Compensation is based on experience, and abilities; including base and incentive plan on target quarterly earnings
- Travel up to 75%
It is the policy of AMC Health to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, AMC Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.