Health Service Coordinator
Primary Job Function:
The overarching function of an HSC is to support the clinical team by conducting administrative and clinical duties. The overall purpose of the Medical Assistant is to provide the necessary support to the clinical team, in order for the patients to be able to meet adherence to their program of care outlined by their physician.
Essential Job Functions:
- Complete Welcome Call and Core Evaluation.
- Locate and confirm MD office and Fax numbers
- Follow-up on hospitalizations to alert TCM team when discharged
- Supports clinical team by executing requests for information from clients and physician offices and coordinating services per their direction.
- Encourages customer/member/patient participation and compliance in the clinical program efforts.
- Engages potential members via telephone to discuss the program purpose and benefits and encourages their participation in the program.
- Processes patient registration in RPM program.
- Makes referrals to, coordinates, and follows through on patient interventions as directed (transportation, housekeeping, home modifications, food, etc).
- Follows up with program participants to ensure ordered services are initiated and meeting expectations.
- Documents accurately and comprehensively based on current organization policies.
- Initiates outbound correspondence (ex: phone/fax/email) to clients, customers and providers.
- Accepts inbound calls, taking and delivering messages appropriately.
- Maintains/ updates client and customer electronic records.
Qualifications and Skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Interpersonal savvy
- Patient-focused skills
- Action Oriented, Problem Solver
- Demonstrated active listening skills
- Functional and Technical skills to perform the necessary task for the patient
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence patients in their care
- Fluent in Spanish and English
Experience/Education/Computer Proficiency Requirements:
- A degree from medical assisting programs accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) is required.
- 6 months experience performing general duties of a Medical Assistant in a health care setting
- Excellent organizational, communication and customer service skills and the ability to utilize information Systems effectively (such as Microsoft Office Windows products, Outlook, etc.) is required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and previous experience with electronic health record systems.
- Demonstrate credibility with physicians and maintain productive and collaborative relationships with all clinical staff.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
- Ability to work well with others in team-oriented environment, work independently when needed, take initiative and use good judgment.
Licensure and /or Certification Requirements:
CMA (AAMA) certification for medical assisting or comparable certification is required
Benefits and Perks
- Work from home
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Stock Options
- Medical Plans
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- Dependent Care Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance with Accidental Death/Dismemberment Coverage
- Supplemental Life Insurance (Optional)
It is the policy of AMC Health to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, AMC Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.