Health Service Coordinator
Primary Job Function:
As a health services coordinator, you will be responsible for providing telephonic interventions for patients with chronic conditions, including CHF, COPD, Diabetes, Hypertension, etc. You will collaborate with nurse care managers, nurse care associates and other members of the organization in order to support patients in meeting their health goals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Engage potential members telephonically to discuss the program purpose and benefits
- Process patient registrations in the clinical monitoring program
- Complete interventions, such as the Welcome Call and Post Physician Visit Update
- Record patient information in the clinical chart, such as medications
- Encourage patient participation in and adherence to the clinical monitoring program
- Track hospitalization activity and alert nurse when a patient is discharged
- Support clinical team by executing requests for information from clients and physician offices and coordinating services per their direction
- Make referrals for and coordinate patient assistance as directed, i.e. transportation assistance, housekeeping, home modifications, food, etc.
- Follow-up with patients to ensure ordered services are initiated and meeting expectations
- Document accurately and comprehensively based on the standards of practice and current organization policies; maintain the patient’s clinical chart
- Contact MD offices to confirm phone and fax numbers
- Initiate outbound correspondence (ex: phone/fax/email) to clients, care providers and physicians
- Accept inbound calls and disposition appropriately
Competencies Required for Position:
- Strong organizational and time management skills are critical
- Demonstrated active listening skills
- Ability to work independently, think critically and define an appropriate course of action and follow through to ensure the issue is resolved in a timely manner
- Ability to establish meaningful and productive relationships with patients, colleagues and clients while operating in a remote setting
- High level of accountability for all tasks and assignments
- Excellent attention to detail, strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
Experience/Education/Computer Proficiency Requirements:
- A degree from medical assisting programs accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) is required.
- 6 months experience performing general duties of a Medical Assistant in a health care setting
- Strong computer skills, including ability to access internal resources, navigate multiple computer programs, quickly learn new tasks and effectively troubleshoot basic computer issues
- Knowledge of medical terminology and previous experience with electronic health record systems.
- Flexible work hours, must be able to work in time zone specific to client requirements
Licensure and /or Certification Requirements:
- CNA Certification or equivalent (i.e. pharmacy technician); Must be active and in good standing
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Ability to work effectively from a remote location
- Home office that is conducive to a productive workday; must be private, quiet and secure; free of distractions
- Internet access must meet minimum requirements
It is the policy of AMC Health to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, AMC Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position
Apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.