Nurse Care Associate, LPN/LVN – Compact State Licensure
Primary Job Function:
As a nurse care associate, you will be responsible for providing telephonic interventions for patients with chronic conditions, including CHF, COPD, Diabetes, Hypertension, etc. You will collaborate with nurse care managers and other members of the clinical team, in order to support patients in meeting their health goals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Complete interventions, such as the Welcome Call and Core Evaluation
- Contact patient to confirm biometric readings and request additional readings
- Report out of range biometric and IVR data to the patient’s assigned Nurse Care Manager
- Interact with the patient, family, physician and healthcare team to request and document information required to provide appropriate care
- Engage the patient in their care, utilizing Motivational Interviewing techniques to influence patient behavioral changes to increase the level of adherence with customized care
- Encourage patient participation and compliance in the clinical monitoring program
- Document accurately and comprehensively based on the standards of practice and current organization policies; maintain the patient’s clinical chart
- Initiate outbound correspondence (ex: phone/fax/email) to clients, care providers, customers and providers
Competencies Required for Position:
- Strong organizational and time management skills are critical
- Ability to work independently, think critically and define an appropriate course of action and follow through to ensure the issue is resolved in a timely manner
- Ability to establish meaningful and productive relationships with patients, colleagues and clients while operating in a remote setting
- High level of accountability for your patients’ health status and well-being
- Excellent attention to detail, strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Strong clinical skills that enable you to accurately report findings and implement interventions under the guidance of a Registered Nurse
Experience/Education/Computer Proficiency Requirements:
- Nursing degree from an accredited college or university; Appropriate experience and diploma may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum (5) years of broad clinical experience
- Minimum of (3) years of experience in home care, care coordination and transitions or care, case management, telehealth or related specialty fields, such as pulmonary, endocrine, cardiac, etc.
- Strong computer skills, including ability to access internal resources, navigate multiple computer programs, quickly learn new tasks and effectively troubleshoot basic computer issues
- Flexible work hours, must be able to work in time zone specific to client requirements
Licensure and /or Certification Requirements:
- LPN/LVN licensure in a Compact state ; Must be active and in good standing
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Home office that is conducive to a productive workday; must be private, quiet and secure; free of distractions
- Internet access must meet minimum requirements
It is the policy of AMC Health to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, AMC Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position
Apply by sending your resume to email@example.com.