Nurse Care Manager
Primary Job Function:
As a nurse care manager, you will be responsible for the telephonic management of patients with chronic conditions, including CHF, COPD, Diabetes, Hypertension, etc. You will remotely assess patients to understand the status of their health problems, develop and implement nursing care plans, make referrals to appropriate resources and maintain their clinical chart.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborate with the patient and their care team, both internally and externally
- Conduct assessments and evaluate biometric and IVR data with trend analysis
- Evaluate care through problem-solving, analyze trends and variances and participate in quality improvement efforts to enhance clinical outcomes
- Engage the patient in their care, utilizing Motivational Interviewing techniques to influence patient behavioral changes to increase the level of adherence with customized care
- Utilize the case management process to set priorities, plan, organize and implement interventions that are goal directed towards self-management and the transition to independent status
- Document accurately and comprehensively based on the standards of practice and current organization policies
- Interact and communicate, telephonically, through video or other technology to be developed, striving for continuity and efficiency as the patient is managed along the continuum of care
- Perform care management responsibilities per customer requirements
- Recognize urgent situations and escalate appropriately
Competencies Required for Position:
- Competencies include language; reasoning; leadership, multi-tasking; teamwork; interpersonal; analytics, etc.
- Strong organizational and time management skills are critical
- Ability to work independently, think critically and define an appropriate course of action and follow through to ensure the issue is resolved in a timely manner
- Ability to establish meaningful and productive relationships with patients, colleagues and clients while operating in a remote setting
- High level of accountability for your patients’ health status and well-being
- Excellent attention to detail, strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Strong clinical skills that enable you to accurately assess patients and implement interventions
Experience/Education/Computer Proficiency Requirements:
- Nursing degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum (5) years of broad clinical experience
- Minimum of (3) years of experience in home care, care coordination and transitions or care, case management, telehealth or related specialty fields, such as pulmonary, endocrine, cardiac, etc.
- Strong computer skills, including ability to access internal resources, navigate multiple computer programs, quickly learn new tasks and effectively troubleshoot basic computer issues
- Flexible work hours, must be able to work in time zone specific to client requirements
Licensure and /or Certification Requirements:
- RN licensure in appropriate state(s); Must be active and in good standing
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Home office that is conducive to a productive workday; must be private, quiet and secure; free of distractions
- Internet access must meet minimum requirements
It is the policy of AMC Health to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, AMC Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position
Apply by sending your resume to email@example.com.