2.0 COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
2.2 We collect Personal Information and other non-individually identifiable information from you when you register on the AMCH Services, create an AMCH User ID, register for a webinar, participate in an online survey, respond to communication such as e-mail, or otherwise use the AMCH Services in any manner. To participate in certain features of the AMCH Services, you will be required to provide certain Personal Information. For example, when registering as a user on any AMCH Service, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, birth date, mailing address, zip code, phone number or other Personal Information. You may, however, visit portions of the AMCH Services without providing any Personal Information. If you use AMCH Services to connect to a health care provider, that healthcare provider and other providers in the same health care practice will have access to Personal Information in your account for purposes of your treatment. While you are not required to provide us with Personal Information, failure to do so may limit your ability to use certain functions of our AMCH Services or to request certain services or information from us.
2.4 We may collect and use mobile device identifiers, IP addresses and session identifiers to analyze trends, to administer the AMCH Services, to track user activities, to infer user interests, and to otherwise induce, deduce, and gather information about individual users and market segments. Like many web sites and certain mobile apps, we use and may allow third party service providers to use “cookies”, flash cookies, local shared objects, web beacons, pixels, single pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, and/or other tracking technologies to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to the AMCH Services, including how you use the AMCH Services (“Usage Data”). Please refer to the “cookies” section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
2.5 We may also collect transactional information, customer services information, or any other legally permissible information. We may also collect and store certain other personally non-identifiable information. This information is collected passively using various technologies and cannot presently be used to specifically identify you.
Your information may be supplemented with additional information from other companies such as publicly available information, information about households and other information that we may append or match your information.
3.0 HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
3.1 We may use the Personal Information and other data we collect as described in Section 2 hereof in the following ways:
- To provide any legitimate business service or product.
- To personalize your AMCH Service and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested (including to present offers to you on behalf of business partners and advertisers).
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To contact you when necessary or requested.
- To verify and validate your identity.
- To administer a promotion, survey or other AMCH Service features.
- To the extent you have not opted out of receiving marketing communications, to send you information about AMCH or our products or the AMCH Services, including by letter, email, text, telephone or other forms of communication (you can opt-out any time by contacting us at Privacy@amchealth.com).
- To the extent you have not opted out of receiving marketing communications, to provide you with information about third-party businesses, products and services, including by letter, email, text, telephone or other forms of communication.
- To show you advertisements, including interest-based or online behavioral advertising.
- To troubleshoot problems with the AMCH Services, or any services, as requested.
- To enforce the AMCH Terms of Services, and to detect and protect against error, fraud and other unauthorized or illegal activities.
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, and legal processes.
- To operate and improve the Services available through us.
- To fulfill your requests for tools, software, functionality, features and other products, and services.
- To communicate with you and respond to your inquiries.
- To protect someone’s health, safety, or welfare.
- To conduct research about your use of our products; and
- To help offer you other products, features or services that may be of interest.
3.2 We reserve the right to make full use of Usage Data. For example, we may use Usage Data to provide better service to Service visitors or end users, customize the Services based on your preferences, compile and analyze statistics and trends about the use of our Services and otherwise administer and improve our Services.
3.3 You understand and agree that if you are using any AMCH Service from a country outside the United States and provide Personal Information to the AMCH Service, you will be authorizing and consenting to the transfer of Personal Information about yourself to the United States. You understand that the privacy laws of the United States may be different from and not as comprehensive or protective as those in your country, and you agree that the transfer of your Personal Information to the United States occurs with your consent. Personal Information collected on the AMCH Service may be stored and processed in the United States or abroad.
3.4 AMC Health offers access to specialty service messages via SMS (Short Message Service) text alerts. Upon your active enrollment in an AMC Health program patients and/or their providers provide a mobile phone number and agrees to these text alert services which can be opted-out of at any time. If you no longer wish to receive SMS messages from us, you can opt out at any time by replying 'STOP' to any of our text messages or by contacting us at 877-262-2240. Please note that opting out of receiving SMS messages may impact your use of certain features or services that are only available via text message.
4.0 COLLECTION AND USE OF NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
4.1 We also collect non-Personal Information – data in a form that does not permit direct association with any speciﬁc individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-Personal Information for any purpose.
4.3 If we do combine non-Personal Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated as Personal Information for as long as it remains combined.
5.0 DO WE DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT TO OUTSIDE PARTIES
5.1 You understand and agree that we can disclose your Personal Information and other data to third parties, as follows:
- To our subsidiaries or affiliates, strategic partners and to third party service providers we engage to provide services.
- In the event of the sale or transfer of AMCH, of one or more of our business units or of some or all of our assets, or in the context of some other business acquisition transaction.
- In response to lawful governmental requests or legal process (for example a subpoena, court order, or search warrant); to establish or exercise our legal rights, or to defend against claims; or to protect the safety or security of the public or of users of the AMCH Services; or in other circumstances in which we have a good-faith belief that a crime has been or is being committed by a user of our Services, that an emergency exists that poses a threat to the safety of you or another person,
- When necessary to protect either our rights or our property or for us to render the service you have requested.
- We can disclose aggregate information and other non-individually identifiable information about users of the AMCH Service to our service providers, partners, advertisers or others. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our AMCH Services.
Personal Information will only be shared by AMCH to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
6.0 SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
6.1 AMCH follows generally accepted industry security standards to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, loss, theft or misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, no security system is impenetrable and, while we make every effort to safeguard your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of the AMCH Services, nor can we guarantee that the Personal Information you supply is completely secure from people who might attempt to evade our security measures or intercept transmission over the Internet, and we are not liable for the illegal acts of third parties such as criminal hackers. As a result, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any Personal Information submitted to or otherwise collected during your use of any AMCH Service. Accordingly, you understand and agree that you will transmit all data, including Personal Information, to us at your own risk.
6.2 When you use some AMCH products, services, or applications or post on an AMCH forum, chat room, or social network service, the Personal Information you share may be visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the Personal Information you choose to submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
- STORING YOUR INFORMATION
We maintain Personal Information that we collect from you in secured cloud storage environments provisioned by third party cloud providers in the United States. Nevertheless, any such information will be maintained and processed by us and our authorized affiliates and service providers which are located in various locations around the world.
- NO MEDICAL SERVICES
Please be aware that no doctor-patient relationship is established between AMCH, and you when you use any of the AMCH Services (or under any circumstances whatsoever). Nothing contained, expressed or implied in our AMCH Services is intended as nor shall be construed as medical advice. Please address any questions or inquiries you may have about medical issues, or any matters you feel are sensitive or want to keep conﬁdential, to an appropriate health care professional.
9.0 CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Only individuals 18 years of age or older are authorized to use the AMCH Services, either for themselves or on behalf of their minor children. We do not knowingly collect information directly from children under the age of eighteen. If you have reason to believe that an individual under the age of 18 has provided Personal Information to us through an AMCH Service, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
10.0 ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by contacting us. For other Personal Information, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access so you can request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if AMCH is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion request can be granted by contacting us.
11.0 THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The AMCH Services may contain links to third-party websites, apps and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties – for example, a third-party app. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
12.0 YOUR RIGHTS
We acknowledge that different people have different privacy concerns and preferences. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. We allow you to exercise certain choices, rights, and controls in connection with your Personal Information. Depending on your relationship with us, your jurisdiction and the applicable data protection laws that apply to you, you have the right to control and request certain limitations or rights to be executed. In the table below, you can review how Consumers can exercise their rights, and appeal such decision, or if and when AMCH sells or shares the personal data and how to opt out
RIGHT TO KNOW (ACCESS)
RIGHT TO CORRECTION
You have the right to correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, or Personal Data, taking into account the nature of the process and the purposes. At any time, you may correct any of the Account information through your account or app settings, or otherwise you may contact us at: email@example.com.
RIGHT TO DELETION
You have the right to delete the Personal Information we collected from you, and you can exercise your right for deletion by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. . The deletion right is not absolute and in certain circumstances we may deny such a request. We may deny your deletion request, in full or in part, if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) for any of the following reasons: Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Data, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you; Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities; Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality; Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law; Comply with the law or legal obligation; Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent; Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us; Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it. We will delete or de-identify personal information not subject to one of these exceptions from our records and will direct our processors to take similar action.
RIGHT TO PORTABILITY
You have the right to obtain the personal data in a portable, and to the extent technically feasible, readily usable format that allows you to transmit the data to another entity without hindrance. We will select the format in which we provide your copy. To request a copy of your Personal Information, send an email to email@example.com.
In addition to your right subject to state laws, if we process PHI, you have additional rights under HIPAA which are detailed in Section 13 below.
- HIPAA RIGHTS
- We may use your PHI for any of the following purposes:
- : We may use and disclose your PHI for treatment purposes, we may share the PHI with doctors, optometrists, and other personnel involved in your health care. This helps to coordinate your care and make sure that everyone who participates in your care has the information that they need about you to meet your health care needs.
- : We may use and disclose your PHI so that we, or health care providers can bill and collect payment from you, your insurance company, or a third party that help us submit bills and collect amounts owed. For example, we may contact your insurer, or other health care payor to determine whether it will pay for health care products and services you need and to determine the amount of your co-payment. The information on or accompanying the bill may include information that identifies you, as well as information about the services or products that were provided to you. We may also disclose your PHI to other health care providers or covered entities you are associated with, who may need it for their payment activities related to their engagement with you.
- : We may use and disclose your PHI to improve our services, to improve our AMCH Services, for marketing activities permitted under HIPAA (such as personalized advertising based on your past purchases), and ensure you receive quality customer service, performance evaluation, and other internal business management purposes. We may use your PHI to create de-identified data, which is stripped of your identifiable data and no longer identifies you.
- : We may contract with third parties to perform certain services for us, such as billing services, copy services or consulting services. These Third Party Service Providers, referred to as Business Associates and/or Business Associate Subcontractors, may need to access your PHI to perform services for us and in such case we will use our best efforts to ensure they are required by contract and law to protect your PHI and only use and disclose it as necessary to perform their services for us.
- : We may disclose your PHI to a family member, other relative, friend, or other individual identified by you, who is involved in your medical care or payment for your care, provided you agree to this disclosure, you had an opportunity to object and did not do so, or we infer from the circumstances in our professional judgment that the disclosure is appropriate.
- : We will disclose your PHI when required to do so by federal, state, or local law.
- : We may disclose your PHI to relevant authorities to prevent or control product recalls, repairs, or replacements.
- : We may disclose your PHI for legally authorized oversight activities, such as audits, investigations, inspections, and credentialing.
- We may use or disclose your PHI to communicate with you regarding your care and related matters. For example, we may use or disclose your PHI to provide reminders. We typically provide these services through text or email and solely subject to your consent and approval. You may withdraw your consent and opt-out of these communications at any time.
- You have the following rights concerning your PHI:
- Access PHI and Receive a Copy: You have the right to review or get copies of your PHI and health related information, with limited exceptions. You may request that we provide copies in a format other than photocopies. We will use the format you request unless we cannot practically do so. Please make such a request in writing. You may obtain a paper copy at the site where you obtain health care services from us or by contacting . You have the right to request a copy of your information in electronic format, and to direct us to transmit a copy of your information to a third party designated by you.
- Alternative Communication: You have the right to request in writing that we communicate with you about your PHI by alternative means or to alternative locations. Your request must specify the alternative means or location and provide a satisfactory explanation how payments will be managed under the alternative means or location you request.
- Restrict Uses and Disclosures of PHI: You have the right to request additional restrictions on our use or disclosure of your PHI. We are not required to agree to these additional restrictions except in the case where the disclosure is to a health plan for purposes of conducting payment or health care operations, or otherwise required by law. Note, we will not disclose your health information to a health plan for purposes of payment or health care operations when the information relates solely to a service or product for which you paid out-of-pocket in full.
- Amendment of PHI: If you feel that PHI we maintain about you is incomplete or incorrect, you may request that we amend it. Your request must be in writing, and it must explain why the information should be amended. We may deny your request under certain circumstances. You may obtain a form to request an amendment to your health information by using the contact information listed at the end of this Notice.
- Accounting of Disclosures of PHI: You have the right to receive a list of instances in which we disclosed your PHI for purposes other than treatment, payment, health care operations, where you have provided an authorization and certain other activities, for the last 6 years (or a shorter period if our relationship with you has existed for less than 6 years). If you request this accounting more than once in a 12-month period, we may charge you a reasonable, cost based fee for responding to these additional requests.
- PHI Breach Notification: If we become aware that your PHI has been breached and the privacy or security of the information has been compromised, you have the right to be notified of the breach without unreasonable delay and in no event later than 60 days following our discovery of the breach.
- California Notice.
15.0 Cookies and Other Technologies
15.3 As is true of most websites, apps and platform, our AMCH Services gather some information automatically and stores it in log ﬁles. This stored information includes your IP address, browser type and language, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to understand and analyze trends to administer our website, to learn about user behavior on our Website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. AMCH may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
15.4 In some of our email messages, we may use a “click-through URL”” linked to content on our AMCH Services. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before at destination page on our one of our AMCH Services. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links contained in the email messages.
15.3 Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format that customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
16.0 COMMUNICATION WITH OUR AMCH SERVICES
AMCH welcomes your feedback and suggestions about how to improve any of the AMCH Services. However, please note that when you submit suggestions, information, material, or other content (collectively, your “Content”) to AMCH, you automatically grant AMCH a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, redistribute, transmit, perform and display your Content (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your Content. Moreover, AMCH may use any ideas, concepts, know-how, techniques, and suggestions contained in your Content for any purpose whatever, including but not limited to, creating and marketing products and/or services using your Content. Please note that AMCH is not responsible, nor shall it be liable for content posted to our AMCH Services by visitors or persons other than AMCH employees. Opinions or comments contained in such content [solely] reﬂect the views of the author and not of AMCH unless AMCH expressly states to the contrary].
17.0 PRIVACY QUESTIONS
Advanced Monitored Caregiving Inc.
1 World Trade
New York, NY 10007
Last updated: December 2023